Innovation Lab - Full Stack Engineer
Location: USA OR Australia
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About the Innovation Lab
Permissionless innovation and unprecedented explosive growth is occurring now in the cryptosphere and metaverses across social and cultural spectrums as can be seen with new applications in NFTs, DAOs, Fan and Social Tokens, just to name some of the major trends.
The ConsenSys Innovation Lab focuses on researching emerging trends and translating ideas to concepts, prototypes and live experiments at the edge of change in the cryptospheres and metaverses. The outcomes help inform new ways or improve current ways to acquire more customers and developers by extending existing products or launching new ones.
What you’ll get to work on
You will get to work on the most innovative and forward looking ideas to deliver the best user experience, engagement and utility. You will get to experiment, learn and apply the learnings to validate the viability of an idea to help make data driven decisions about pursuing the idea further.
You will join a multinational and multidisciplinary team tasked to deliver rapid prototypes within short and agile delivery cycles. As part of this team you will be responsible for technical analysis and architecture and for the development of back-end APIs/services, front-end UX/UI and/or blockchain smart contracts.
- 4+ years of full-stack software development experience working on production-grade projects or startups
- Mastery of one of the following disciplines:
- Back-end development: Python/Typescript / Node.js
- Front-end development: React.js
- Experience with, or understanding of: PostgreSQL
- Experience with using collaboration tools and operating in a remote first environment
- Experience working on agile projects
- Experience working in CI/CD setup
- Experience with developing APIs and microservices architectures
Bonus points for
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related subject
- Understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js library
- DevOps experience with Docker and deploying in the cloud
- Experience in deploying blockchain infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.